Senior Director, Project Management – Infectious Diseases & Vaccines Therapeutic Head
Pharm-Olam is a mid-size Contract Research Organization (CRO) that has a massive global reach. We are a company that strives to deliver cost-effective, quick-to-market clinical services in today’s emerging marketplace. Pharm-Olam has one of the largest global footprints of any CRO today and we are committed to not only maintain our standard but to continue to strengthen our presence even further. We offer a unique working environment with a global team culture, competitive salary, and benefits package.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Accountable for Global Project Management department Infectious Diseases & Vaccines team capacity planning, management, and profitable resourcing strategy, optimal staff utilization, training, and development. Focus on execution of projects to a high standard of quality and within contractual budget and timelines. Work across departments and locations to ensure Pharm-Olam is delivering a quality full-service product to its sponsors. To oversee/ ensure all aspects of clinical development are conducted in accordance with sponsors’ requirements.
We are looking for experienced leaders, enthusiastic about growing a solid therapeutic department of Infectious Diseases & Vaccines and being accountable for the sales and project performance in the department. We are looking for top-talented candidates with ambition and a strong desire to partner with our biotech and start-up clients to bring their products to patients; experience leading a portfolio of projects, managing the financial performance of the portfolio, developing Project Managers, leading opportunities (RFP) strategy development, and managing client relationships.
- Maintain strong, effective relationships across the Pharm-Olam to include: Senior Management, Clinical Operations, Training, Regulatory, Quality Assurance, Data Management, Biostatistics, Medical Affairs, Finance, Business Development, and other applicable areas.
- Line manage, lead, and mentor Directors of Project Management and Associate Director of Project Management (ADPM), as appropriate, to ensure optimal focus on goals and achievement of objectives.
- Maintain an overview of projects managed by allocating Directors of Project Management/ ADPMs to identify potential high-risk areas and resolve project-related issues on an ongoing basis.
- Provide strategic direction to meet project timelines/enrolment goals, data quality, sponsor objectives, contractual obligations for Project Management.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with internal and external clients. Face-to-face and remote liaison with Sponsor contacts to review and discuss status (e.g. project successes, issues, and opportunities) of awarded projects.
- Ensure project management optimal staff utilization and capacity.
- Oversee creation/review/updates of Pharm-Olam Project Management Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ensure that SOPs, ICH – GCP Guidelines, and local regulations are implemented in clinical trials managed by Pharm-Olam and assist the QA department with developing new SOPs and reviewing current SOPs.
- Identify training needs and organize training for Project Management.
- Participate in conferences/events/bid defense meetings and other initiatives to promote POI in its continuous growth.
- Reports directly to Vice President, Global Project Management.
- Line management of Project Management staff.
- Collaborate with all departments and functional leads within Pharm-Olam.
- Liaise with Sponsors.
- MD, life sciences nursing background, and/or combination of education/ experience.
- Experience with the project development process, financial management tools, regulatory compliance, data management, project scheduling, and resource management, coordinating team activities.
- Minimum 12 years of relevant experience including coaching of Project Managers.
Please apply online at www.pharm-olam.com/careers
Pharm-Olam, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.